If dreams are a mind's compilation of day-thoughts, then I'm an odd one! I woke this morning stunned as the intensity of a one such telling dream.Somehow my home city had been raided and I was taken captive to a type of war camp. My family lived just down the block, and were happily moving forward with their lives. The compound was fenced in and the smoke from polluting factories congealed the air into a gray cover. We were forced to stay inside, and were given a small desk and computers. Earning our keep was through our thinking ability, not by means of physical labor.
I don't know how long I'd been in the camp, until one day I met a man who flourished under the circumstances. I (literally) ran into him as he walked down the hall with his abstract mind consuming even balancing ability. Our encounter so inspired me that my prison became a blossoming place of knowledge. I went to my desk, and wrote down the goals I wanted to achieve: master the German language, finish my MS thesis, etc. Each day was more and more fulfilling as I sat at a desk and gained knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment