8/21/08

Miraculous Car Crash

I've decided nobody should drive under the influence of impaitience, especially myself! I was on my way to get preparations for a midnight hike of Mt. Timp, and instead of drinks, got sandwiched betwen a minivan and Kara, who sat in the passenger seat next to me.
I was switching lanes too quickly (you should see my new running pace:) ) and was T-boned by a minivan. The whole driver's side of our vehicle was smashed in, and the rubber of our tires was ripped off the wheels from the impact. We could only open one of the four doors to crawl out.
The windows shattered all over me (I still have glass in my hair), and I can see today because I was wearing a hat. The brim was full of glass! They tried several times to call an ambulance, but I declined-- I was protected.

I was told I would probably have been dead if the impact had occured inches to the left. The doorframe took most of the impact, and I only have a bruise on my hip and some annoying glass cuts. I attribute it to my mother's morning prayers for protection :).

No comments: