9/15/08

Recognition Due

When asked the question, "How much credit do you believe you deserve for the things you've done?" my friend answered "None."

I was caught off balance three years ago with that blatant and demystified response. I've been trying to erase a misprisoned frame of mind since, searching out the truth of that question. Do we really, in any measure, deserve what we've been given or achieved? I've found a quote that reifies some supporting pillars of this principle.
May you realize that in you is the control of your life and what you are going to be, what you are going to do. remember that your choices may control to some extent others whose lives will be a part of your life. Remember that if you succeed, it isn't because of luck. Success comes from faith and work and prayer and from constant righteous effort. --Pres. Kimball, Ensign, Nov. 1978, 101

No comments: