10/28/08

Ballroom Dancing

West Coast Swing
This style of dance was a first for me. I was approached by an old friend, and we quickly put together a routine. It turned out to be quite fun, and we took 4th place :).

















Latin Dancing
Before you see the pictures, you've got to understand that I went through five hours of mayhem the night before trying to find a modest latin dress. My prayers were finally answered at... yes... pumpkin-turning-time... midnight. A fellow competitor decided she wasn't dancing, and I got her dress :).
I have only practiced once in the past three months, so this competition was a bit of a tester. It didn't take long for me to remember how much I love dancing, that's for sure :). I forgot how much I love the salty taste of spinning my head around as quickly as is humanly possible, and thinking about positioning my fingers as I whip my arm out.



There is something that happens inside me when hear a strong beat. I'm insatiably compelled to start movement- the feeling doesn't start at any one place, it seems to enter and hit me all at once- knock me to my 'dancing senses.'

I can be alone or in a group, prepped up with heels or just leaving the gym, but it gets me every time. I love dancing :).







2 comments:

vdg family said...

Chelise: I cannot even begin to tell you how much we miss you. I check your blog often and I love seeing everything you are doing. You are such a great example of faith and determination. Please keep telling us all about what is happening.

The-Allen-Family said...

Chelise! I am so jealous! I miss dancing so much! I loved being on the Latin Ballroom team when I was in college. I was much better at it than just Ballroom dancing. You look great and congrats on 4th place!! That is AWESOME!