
What do the following have in common?
- No more disposition to do evil
- Submissive
- Meek
- Humble
- Patient (questionable, ha ha)
- Full of love
- Willing to submit
- Clear conscience
- Blameless
- Clean
The answer is obvious:
children (I put them in order as listed in the scripture). Children are the continuous and guaranteed inheritors of the Kingdom of God, but how truly different are adults from children? How am I different? I've considered, through various conversations and personal readings, the following acquired and learned mechanisms that might set us apart.
- Defensive Mechanisms
- Not liking Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Vain/Ambitious
- The Silent Treatment (okay- maybe kids do this too)
- Easily Distracted
- Flighty
- Coping Mechanisms
- Taking Offense
- Etc.
It seems that we spend a childhood learning how to do the above list, and then an adulthood trying to reduce our dependency and spontaneous outbursts of the above list. Maybe the beginning really is the end :).
No comments:
Post a Comment