12/10/08

Could It Be?

There's always that hope in the back of my mind that the Lord is actually more merciful than I think He could be. When I'm in the wrong, and I know I'm in the wrong, and I keep up in the wrong, then want to change: blam! Change is required before mercy is deserved. That's how it normally works, right?

Our school and life teach us that is the only way: change first, mercy second. Study is necessary for the grade, hours of pounding the pavement precede a marathon, you diet for three weeks before itching at a hint of results. It's always effort first, results next; never the reverse. The reverse is just not, well, just.

In Mosiah 26, Alma is confronted with the problem of gross sinners within the church, and tries to have king Mosiah use his authority to punish the sinners. After Mosiah refuses to exert authority outside his jurisdiction, Alma was 'troubled' and
"went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning [the] matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God (Mosiah 16:13)."

Blast! I don't have time to finish writing!-- the Lord loves us, though :)

1 comment:

Whosyomatty? said...

the way you write even unfinished is provacative and beautiful!