12/24/08

Library Closing

I know there's something wrong when it's Christams Eve, and I get severely perturbed when I hear the following over the library loudspeaker:
It is now 11:45, and all library services are closed. The doors will be locked at 12:00, and any persons who choose to stay within the library are trespassing. They will be subject to criminal prosecution.
There's probably something even more wrong when I am weighing having full access to technical print journals against criminal prosecution. There has to be a secret door somewhere that leads out of the building-- with no locked door. I'm sure I could stay in here for just a couple more hours... President Samuelson would understand.... I wouldn't do anything illegal, I promise.. it's for a good cause-my family name and integrity-really... is it okay to pray to be invisible?

I just need more time in this happy book-filled palace!

No comments: