
It's Provo: no parking and ubiquitous cars.
I moved into a new apartment a week ago, and started parking in the parking lot next to my complex. I specifically choose the parking lot because there were NO stickers whatsoever. Aka- no way to tell which car belonged to which person.
I'm getting dropped off from a date, and notice that my car wasn't where I'd remembered parking it. No big deal, must be across the street, right? All seems well until my date calls, and says he returned to his car, and found it completely boxed in. Not a single inch of moving room. Someone parked their car next to him on each side of the stall, and then another car judiciously parked BEHIND him. He waited for ten minutes until a chick came out on the phone with the towing company, who were on their way. She said, "Oh, we were going to tow you."
Well, they didn't get him, but they towed me!
Crazy with anger and feeling quite prejudiced, I picked my car up from the towing company after handing over $150. But.... I had a plan.
While the towing company was filling out the paper work and running my credit card, I created a 'distraction,' and looked in their files and found the name, phone number, and license plate of the girl who had called in my car. I looked up the management company and the forms residents were required to fill out to park in the parking lot. I had all the information I needed to call the towing company from a pay phone and tow any car in the parking lot where I had been towed.
I was prepared to call under the guise of 'Amber' and have that annoying white Toyota that keeps parking behind my house TOWED. Leave Amber's name, Amber's license plate, and Amber's information just in case they needed verification.
After some thought, I decided to exercise patience and not take revenge. Letting go isn't quite as sweet, but you get over things quicker :).
I moved into a new apartment a week ago, and started parking in the parking lot next to my complex. I specifically choose the parking lot because there were NO stickers whatsoever. Aka- no way to tell which car belonged to which person.
I'm getting dropped off from a date, and notice that my car wasn't where I'd remembered parking it. No big deal, must be across the street, right? All seems well until my date calls, and says he returned to his car, and found it completely boxed in. Not a single inch of moving room. Someone parked their car next to him on each side of the stall, and then another car judiciously parked BEHIND him. He waited for ten minutes until a chick came out on the phone with the towing company, who were on their way. She said, "Oh, we were going to tow you."
Well, they didn't get him, but they towed me!
Crazy with anger and feeling quite prejudiced, I picked my car up from the towing company after handing over $150. But.... I had a plan.
While the towing company was filling out the paper work and running my credit card, I created a 'distraction,' and looked in their files and found the name, phone number, and license plate of the girl who had called in my car. I looked up the management company and the forms residents were required to fill out to park in the parking lot. I had all the information I needed to call the towing company from a pay phone and tow any car in the parking lot where I had been towed.
I was prepared to call under the guise of 'Amber' and have that annoying white Toyota that keeps parking behind my house TOWED. Leave Amber's name, Amber's license plate, and Amber's information just in case they needed verification.
After some thought, I decided to exercise patience and not take revenge. Letting go isn't quite as sweet, but you get over things quicker :).

2 comments:
Sorry to hear of your car being towed, and I like your style of revenge, though it is probably a good thing you haven't gone through with it yet! :)
Good for you. I had to try the same thing. Excercising self-restraint not to have my back door neighbors towed for blocking my garage, after I got booted the night before. Grr. Parking is dumb. I want a horse.
Post a Comment