2/5/09

Mom's Advice

It's a time of crux. It's a depression of piques. It's the escalation of my life, and my Mommers came up with some awesome advice. I think it rivals Frost.
Pride is only pride if it comes first.
I'm proud, and I know it- just like I'm stubborn and I know it. But today, I really wondered if pride is inhibiting my progress: impeding, injuncting, incinerating my progress.

I'm in a schoolgirl lesson on the toughest subject of humility, and the Lord works in mysterious ways.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Chelise!! Wow, you are too awesome. Seriously. I saw your link on facebook and am so glad I did! What an uplift for my day! you are so talented-is there anything you don't do? I love all your interests-I've always wanted to take ballroom and never did. :( Of course I still can but I should have done it when it was just another credit. :) Obviously I haven't talked to you in forever, and I didn't know you extrememely well, but I have a hard time believing you're prideful. Heavenly Father definitely works in mysterious ways. I suppose someday we might understand them? I hope you don't mind me coming back. I also love your background. I am starting a new blog dedicated to all things learning--anyway-I am looking at using one of Jonsina's templates THANKS to you!

Joe and Kristin Family said...

That is good advice and a quotable quote. Mommers is awesome. Make sure to remember that one. I'm going to put it on my EasyFind Inspiration blog. Certainly worthy of such.

Love you, Lise!

Joe & Kristin