I'm in a nonlinear regression statistics graduate course with 14 other PhD students trying to grasp concepts of nonlinear statistics. No, random person on the street, this isn't Stats 221 (which I'm sure you mastered and it really was easy, I know), Stats 541, or even Stats 651. It's Stats 850 (aka-highest graduate course possible). Graduate statisticians don't even take it- shout out to post docs.
I was suppose to have help from several other group members (one of whom is a programming whiz), but all who didn't know what was really going on. So, I spent from Thursday night until 4 minutes before my presentation...well, preparing. I gave up on sleep, and only did a bit of exercising to keep my mind alert and reduce the dilusional factor.
The presentation turned out fabulous, with my presentation skills being 'polished,' 'top-notch,' and 'you-should-come-work-for-me.' I'm still trying to decide how much of the attention was due to presentation aura, or the fact that I was the only girl in the room.
After presenting, I caught up on homework, and finally went to bed at 3am. This morning I woke up looking like this (it's been called my 'mug' shot, and is super small for a reason).

So, now you know what I look like when I work 60 of 77 hours :). Not to shabby, ha ha ha!
2 comments:
I'd be willing to bet you look great after all that work :)
I heard your presentation was amazing! You're incredible Chelise--way to go!
Post a Comment