3/31/09

Amber, Matti, and Spin

1. Meet my new friend Amber
(I met her at a triathlon and we'd
talked about training together):
2. Say hello to my old friend Matti
(we always do lunch and chat about
the most interesting things):
































3. This is how both appeared in my new phone today (aka-unknown number. It's a new phone!):



4. Enjoy my texted conversation with Amber:

-A:You going to the gym today?
Me: Yes- I'm cycling. Come to the class on University tonight.
-A: What time?
Me: 6.15 is when it starts. To get a seat we need to be there earlier than that, 6ish
-A: I can't make it any earlier, I have class.
Me: Okay- I'll be there early and save you a seat. Let me know when you get close :).
-A: Is this a for sure thing?
Me: Of course! Can't wait!

5. Relive the crazy scenario:
I'm sitting in my spin class trying to save a seat next to me at 6.15. The cycle instructor wants to give away the seat, so with the instructor and entire class listening, I call my gym buddy to see where she's at (is she still coming, in the parking lot, can she make it?). Ring, ring, -I'm thinking "come on Amber, come on Amber!"- and a boy answers. He says, "I'm here. Where are you?"

6. Who in the heck?
Apparently, during the texting conversation with Amber, Matti (the illustrious and unknown boy) had texted, "What time." He was referencing a dinner special at Tucanos that I'd posted as my facebook status. Every text after that was a 'reply,' so I was texting Matti when I thought I was texting Amber. And the conversation worked.

7. Unveiled
I had invited Amber to the gym for a spinning class, and ALSO arranged to meet with Matti at Tucanos at 6:15. "Of course" I was going to meet Matti for dinner. Heck, I "couldn't wait!"

8. Isn't that ironic and funny, all wrapped into one?

3 comments:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

That's crazy! I'm glad you go it figured out. :)

Whosyomatty? said...

Darling I realy did find it a finny sceneario :-) and we do talk about the most interesting things.... but please, please, please spell my name M A T T Y the Y is more manly than a girlie I thanks babe

Chelise said...

Oh dear! I still can't seem to getty ity righty Matty. I'll practicey. Sound goody?