3/13/09

Generous Gesture

As the morning of a competition always seems to begin, I was in a hurry.  I'd lacqued on the bronzer and my fake eyelashes were adjusted to the tee.  Finally prepared to leave on time, I jumped the fence to get to my car.... to find... I'd left my keys at the gym from the night previous, and my dancing shoes were locked away in my car.  I had to call a friend at 6.45am to pick me up and take me to my competition (I was shoeless).  

I arrived ten minutes prior to performance, and didn't have a ticket.  This has never been a problem in the past, but the cash register wasn't processing up to speed, and if I'd waited in line to buy a ticket I would have missed my performance.  Entrance tickets were $17, and I wasn't allowed admission- surprise surprise!  I generous woman gave me her ticket free of charge, and I ran down to the floor to compete, and a girl I didn't know handed me her standard pumps before I waltzed onto the floor.

I couldn't find the ticket woman after to say thank you, but I know that the Lord was generous through this giving woman.  What a great way to start the day!

Give, give, give away!

No comments: