3/19/09

Worth It?

I came to a stunning conclusion yesterday. It was quite subtle, slipping into my mind like a warm spring morning. Some things in life are worth it, other things aren't. I may feel this way because yesterday I felt strong. Other days, that statement seems so very reversed. Today, however, it is true.

It's a financial principle: security. There are certain activities, preferences, situations, and decisions that bring high-tolerance security- they're outlined in the Gospel plan. I wouldn't budge from these any day. I enjoy security, and knowing that I'm supported in every endeavor. And to be honest, after the breaking of bad habits, what is so difficult about giving them up anyway? Are they really that important? (I'm not downplaying breaking habits- they're the hardest things to give up in life beside love)

While Ben was in the hospital, my incredibly large family was quite rudely asked to leave the waiting area by a hospital staff- it was after visiting hours. I was completely (and rationally, I might add) NOT going to leave the room. If my brother died, I wasn't going to be out sitting in my car. My Dad encouraged me to follow the direction of those in authority with the interesting statement,
I'm going to follow every command that God gives me, to the letter. That way, He'll have no excuse not to answer my prayers concerning my son. Those commands include the law of the land.
I believe that some day, when we are in a state of complete realization, naked and honest before God- we'll see the folly of all our inconsistent sins, our petty rationalizations, the redundancy of our excuses. We'll see not only our Creator at the judgement bar, but the image of who we are to become after the complete purification process- ourselves in our full glory. We'll stand, and feel draining from our resurrected souls the ungodly characteristics of disappointment, time, and constraint, filth, degradation, racism, stunted learning, hopelesness, misunderstanding, and more than anything lovelessness. In the instant where we accept ourselves for the magnificence we are, our breast will truly expand with the confidence of being right, and being righteous. And from ALL our sins, no matter how large or small, we will move past in a fury of progression, changing from our hearts what should be changed- imbued with strength through our covenants, and our eternal will.

What could we not do under the influence of love? Nothing.


2 comments:

Frey said...

Thank you for showing me more clearly that love sculpts us. It has inspires me to change again and again. Is it love of God that allows us to be like him? And his love that teaches our hearts to be alive?

Then the measure of our love is the measure of how much we will be like God. Worth it I think.

Whosyomatty? said...

again you have humbled and inspired me to greater depths and higher climbs in my own weak writings.....