war and democracy seems
accessible only by those spirits
as they make the ascent
heavenward, very much dead.
Stuck on the ground, looking
up in the sky for that passage
to heaven, I'm aware most
notably of the cut on my thumb,
and my feet burning on pavement.
I'm nowhere close.
How do men falling, twisting,
and floating away from life-
at the mercy of the bullet's
choice of entrails-
move forward the progress
of democracy?
What of men's white linen
bodies? They billow away in
a splay of red, white, and blue
colors, gracefully leaving
behind all they'd lived.
How, how, how does death
bring about the cause of
the motherhood nation birthing
aids prevention and drug
lords?
I don't see the connection
between men falling dead,
and democracy.
Just as I can't see the cord
they climb to heaven.
3 comments:
Very poignant Lees.
Very thought provoking. I thought about emulating the seemingly hopeless death of the Savior. And that by floating away from life I would be somehow tethered to him.
Thanks for the comments! I do have a question for 'Frey' though... hopefully you get this.
Without being rude, I don't know who you are. Your blog access is restricted to me, and I don't know your real name...
Post a Comment