Every time I hear of a suicide, I feel an uncanny sense of urgency- an urgency to understand others, and an urgency of purpose. It originates with realizing that the body of humanity is tied with a ubiquitous sense of
feeling. Feeling happy, feeling sad, feeling bonded, feeling alone, feeling in love,
feeling. I guess I comprehend that I'm not singular in my ability to feel, or the intense depth of that feeling. Someone else out there has felt
that deeply before too.
And I've felt, deeply felt, that this chapter of my life is quickly dimming... that there is a new purpose to drive my hope, and a new love and a new passion. That soon Provo will be a bygone of staggered memories, like an edging photograph with light ink. Best of all, is that I'm ready for it. I'm prepared to forge a new life forward taking all my youthful passions put to use.
Essentially, come what may, and love it.

1 comment:
Today Provo was fading fast for me too. Like signing yearbooks makes school over with still a few days left to go. Walking the schoolyard important events play out in memory. What was life or death is now ghostly sepia - people and events critical to shaping maturity.
Growing grace to grace, it's hard to sense the passing of time. Now the playground seems suddenly so small. The world is our adventure now. Now we run with a speed a child could only dream of. You were an important one to that child.
Post a Comment