For a bit of a random adventure, Steve took the troupe through (literally) an old pastime. I went once in high school, and no better time to re-live the dream, right?
There is a hidden culvert pipe, .75 mi long, which runs water underneath I-80. We headed to Holladay for a little pseudo-splunking- and these pictures are the result.
The fun started with Brayden, of course!



I was trying to be sneaky and find a way to the entrance by scaling twenty-foot metal bars, made slick by years of pounding rain. I slid down, into the river below. I got to the bottom, and was scared silly, so Mike had to save me!
Steve knew of a secret side-tunnel. He ran ahead, splunked into the hole (which was utterly disgusting), and waited for us. As there was no light, and we had rescinded our flashlights, we were SCARED TO DEATH. Mom wouldn't even walk in the front. I had to, because she was so scared!













4 comments:
Wow Chelise, so many great adventures. Congrats on surviving the culvert, the Green River, Moab (although you really have to ride the whole 13 mile loop - it's incredible!)...scuba certification (are you PADI? Planning any cool trips? The most bang-for-the-buck is probably Cozumel). When is your Ironman?
...oh, and congrats on your nephew. Didn't mean to leave out that cute little lad.
Flipppin' awesome!!
Rock on! Wish we could have come. Our kids will grow up soon, and then we'll be leading the front of the pack on activities like this.
Way to get out and do something new.
Joe & Kristin
Post a Comment