I know a green cathedral,
a shadowed forest shrine,
Where leaves in love join hands above
and arch your prayer and mine.
Within its cool depths sacred,
the priestly cedar sighs,
and the fir and pine lift arms divine
unto the pure blue skies.
There is a flowered seat
and choir loft in branched croft,
where song of bird hymns sweet.
And I like to dream at evening,
when the stars its arches light,
that my Lord and God treads its hallowed sod,
in the cool, calm peace of night.
-Gordon Johnstone
1 comment:
Haha! I kept reading on and thinking... man, Chelise is good! I totally thought that you had wrote the poem until I got to the bottom:). I have been thinking about you so much tonight. I hope you made it home safely! I'm sure you were ready to come back. What an amazing time to be with Grandma. Can't wait to hear all about it and about your life. Love you c. Mindy
Post a Comment