3/17/10

Rex E. Lee Run: 7th Place


Last weekend I woke up early (against my will) plopped sleepy-eyed into my car, and took off south like a bird from the cold. I ended up at the BYU track with my pink UnderArmour running shirt as my sole wind defense.

I competed in the 10k race (6.2 miles), finished in 45.50 minutes at a 7.25min/mile pace, and took 7th place.

Thanks to Joe for being the race photographer! Kristin VDG and Sarah Dodds ran the 5k, and we celebrated together at the finish line, and even re-enacted crossing the line to capture the "perfect" picture.


* A small indulgence:

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Yeah c,c... my future business partner :)!! We are so proud of you and all you do!! Let's all do the Rex Lee Run together next year... provided that the weather is nice for the kiddos. That would be so much fun! I think we should make some kind of family tradition where we run a race together... I guess we've always got the 4th of July run too! Love ya c.

Chelsy said...

dang, nice time! I did not run nearly that fast. I'm such a slow runner! It was good seeing you! We play tonight at 8, 144 RB. :o) I'll keep you posted on the games after that too (assuming we win tonight).

vdg family said...

One. . . with the strength of many. . . Chelise

Joe and Kristin Family said...

You took 7th place? Awesome!!! Way to go! You are more athletic than anyone in the whole family.

stevevdg said...

Wow... 6 miles at a 7:45 pace? I might be able to do that on my bike.