Last weekend, on a spurrish whim, I got up early, packed a sandwich, and headed down to Arches National Park for an overnight photo shoot. I intended to shoot Delicate Arch at night, but cloud cover precluded my ambitions. I ended up hiking the Delicate Arch trail, meandering to the cliff face opposite the arch, and banking for the night. It was so dark I was unable to see almost anything. The next day I washed my faced and brushed my teeth courtesy of a distant trail head water fountain, and started exploring. I covered several miles of new terrain. I'm not one to kill the micro-organisms off the beaten trail, but the trail markers had been dislodged, and I was plaintively lost. I met up with a random group of BYU hikers, and we forged back to the trail and ensuing arches.What a beautiful and welcomed respite.

































No comments:
Post a Comment