4/27/10

The Sunbeam Tragedy

I teach the 3-year old children who live within the boundaries of my Latter-day Saint Ward. Their age group is aptly called the "sunbeams." My sunbeam class has been composed of eleven to twelve regular attendees, making for teachers consistently on the go. While one teacher takes someone for potty, the other is left to deal with the child who wants naptime, another who is determined to cry loud enough that her mom will come and find her, unlatch a little one from the table leg, and still teach an instructive lesson to the other eight children!... I LOVE IT. There is nothing else to say. Each week we pretend to be butterflies, roar like lions, and squish under the table as if we were kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

Last week a change occurred, and our little class was split in half. Tragedy! Many of my sunbeams wouldn't let go of my skirt (I now wear a long skirt for propriety issues), and it was drenched in tears. I promised each that I would bring them a cookie after church f they went to their new class and stayed the whole time. Hence, the princess cookies I made. (I do believe in bribery, at least for the first week)


1 comment:

vdg family said...

What a wonderful teacher you must be!