5/23/10

Saturday: Work Day

I'm often left out of friendly reminiscent conversations that dwell on saturday morning cartoons. Do you remember Strawberry Shortcake?... what about Power Rangers?... how about those bouncing Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere?

The reason I had to search for cartoons from my era centers on the pictures below. We weren't the sleep-in, eat sugary cereal, and watch cartoons kind of family. Instead, I remember a chores and pulling weeds and lawn mowing. I remember trying to go to sleep in random places so my parents wouldn't find me to wake me for morning chores (why didn't that EVER work?). Saturday was work day.

(I know I look just as ecstatic in the picture below about mowing lawns as I did when I was six. I do have an excuse- I went inside afterward and threw up. I've been sick)



1 comment:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Way to work. I take it you're getting the yard and house ready for Kara's homecoming?