

I completed the Little Red Riding Hood century bike ride. A century, per its name, is 100 MILES! It's the marathon of biking, and takes proportionally the same amount of time. A friend had registered for the race and was unable to go- she gave me the registration the night before!I saddled up on my old steel-framed bike, pulled on some running shoes, and headed with my best companion ever (Kara of course!) to beautiful Cache Valley. Super Red is an all-women race, in which I've never participated before. I do believe I will participate in more girl racing- the interim race food consisted of oreos, chocolate, fruit snacks, and candy bars, in addition to the general bananas and power water.
It's always been a dream of mine to go annually on a 'biking honeymoon' with my husband. We'll take our bikes, the clothes on our backs, a credit card, and absolutely nothing else. We'll bike cross-country for two weeks. We'll stop at a hotel each night, and bike/run during the day, stopping to visit neat monuments or try out a new mom-and-pop eatery. This race confirmed my dream- it wound through a beautiful and flowing valley; I loved biking at my own strength and exploring my thoughts to the rhythm of the wheels. It was a freedom ride.










1 comment:
Nice.
Post a Comment