6/10/10

A Musical Wedding

Tiff and I played in a wedding quartet. It's been over a year since I have played, and I was worried about how I'd hold up. Other than a slight bruising on my collarbone, and some string-blackened fingers, I walked away rather, well, affected.

I positively love music- beautiful music. This music was beautiful, and in a beautiful setting. Even more gratifying than listening to is creating music. There is a physical power of pulling a bow into a string, letting go of reading notes on a page and listening gently and strongly to what is a byproduct of notes. The peculiarity is only intensified when it is shared with people we love.

2 comments:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Yeah Chelise! Wonderful to hear you're playing again. Keep it up. Music brings out creativity and spirit in you that you discover and rediscover every time you play.

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

Wahoo! I made it onto your blogg!!!! I feel famous!!