"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character.
We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them...They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likeable." --Elder Wirthlin
I visited yesterday, with sister missionaries of the LDS church, a young mother of three children. We entered her home to teach and find mutual edification in the principles and theories of the Gospel. Our lesson commenced well, but her three rowdy children with their enormous fire trucks but a dent in our ears.
I pulled out my scriptures and played scripture games with the kiddos. I felt some of my experiences teaching the 3/4 year old sunbeams come into play. I taught them that folding our arms was just like giving ourselves a hug; each time we hugged, it meant that Jesus loves us. Due to consistent time with children, I could tell when they needed to switch activities (which was OFTEN) and how to keep their attention.
After leaving, I felt I'd accomplished a good thing. I looked back on my teaching experience and saw that it helped me specifically, last night. My learning, although it has been acquired slowly over 2-hour blocks of teaching punctuated with frustrating moments, allowed me to bring the spirit into a meeting with a family. It has made me grateful.
I pulled out my scriptures and played scripture games with the kiddos. I felt some of my experiences teaching the 3/4 year old sunbeams come into play. I taught them that folding our arms was just like giving ourselves a hug; each time we hugged, it meant that Jesus loves us. Due to consistent time with children, I could tell when they needed to switch activities (which was OFTEN) and how to keep their attention.
After leaving, I felt I'd accomplished a good thing. I looked back on my teaching experience and saw that it helped me specifically, last night. My learning, although it has been acquired slowly over 2-hour blocks of teaching punctuated with frustrating moments, allowed me to bring the spirit into a meeting with a family. It has made me grateful.
1 comment:
Ooh, I think I am going to use the folding arms is when Jesus is hugging us in primary. What a great idea!
Post a Comment