In an impressively tight matchup, Real Salt Lake (RSL) fought the Colorado Rapids this last Saturday. From my unobtrusive viewpoint, Colorado was consistently the stronger team: rushing the offensive, lopping headers, and unplacatingly trying to dominate the referees. Down by one goal from the tenth minute of the match, RSL tied the game in the 4-minute penalty overtime with a header on the eighteen yard line.
Half-time entertainment was Jean's Golden Girls, a dance trouppe consisting of sparkling women aged 50-93! Although their movements were a bit slow, they were as unreserved as 18-year olds, smiling, giggling, cheering, and shaking their way across the stadium and during their performance. I was laughing the entire time.Pictured below is the dance trouppe's oldest member, clocking in at 94 years. Sparing a broken ankle, she would have been center stage showing off her...
center splits.
Yup, 94 and still flexible. I talked with her after the perfomance, and she wasn't able to do the splits until age 83- and she's never stopped stretching since that day. There's hope for the unflexible in this world (at least until age 83)!
{Me with a sweet 94-year old woman who has done the splits since age 83}



{Me with a sweet 94-year old woman who has done the splits since age 83}


{My view of the field, stands, referees, players, and coaches.}

I once heard that professional athletes make the best professional actors. He missed a goal, and belaboured over his tortured ankle.(Forgive the unedited/uncropped photos. I just haven't the time! Simply wanted to impart a flavor of the game)
1 comment:
Way cool shots, Lees. I saw those women perform at a Jazz game, they were awesome and adorable!!
Post a Comment