1/21/11

The Illustrious Idaho Falls


A recent trip to Idaho Falls proved fatally and fantastically fun (oh, my alliterations!).  The drive from my home to Idaho Falls involves and integral turn-off, which if missed, instigates a 1-hour detour.  I'm usually an astute driver, but with the incredibly dense fog and hysterically non-stop laughing, somehow I missed it.  I've driven this passage of road probably a hundred time- and yup, I missed the turnoff.

Combining a late start and backtracking, I didn't arrive at my hotel until 2am.  My interview was at 7am. You wouldn't believe what happens to your mind under the pressure of six interviews with six different people when you're running on under four hours of sleep.  I was happy to make it out alive. There will be more coming about my job scope as I hear back from my interview results.  All-in-all, I was quite pleased.

My most beautiful Mommers and sister
The perk of traveling for a company includes an dandy per diem, which the girls used to have eat at my favorite pizza shop.  It's amazing the entertainment we can find with just a little camera.


Danger, danger!
Next, we visited the newly remodeled BYU-Idaho.  My short duration there was directly after the change from a 2-year college to an accredited 4-year college.  Since the transition, they've constructed several new buildings, one of which is a model replica of the LDS Conference Center, seating 15,000!  They've installed 'skywalks' similar to the passages which connect different terminals of an airport.  You can travel around campus in these walkways to avoid the blistering cold and astringent weather conditions.

Frolicking on the BYU-Idaho, Rexburg campus
My favorite portion of campus is the art gallery mounted on the walls of their new auditorium.  Each of the three levels boasts artwork from a different artist.  We transversed the second floor, which contains Carl Block paintings.  The picture below is my favorite from the collection, due to the loving, needful, adoring expression gracing the man's face as he embraces the Saviour.



Next we met up with our Aunt Cathy, where we talked about running a half marathon together, and made our first preparatory step toward the run: ice cream deliciousness.  Hehe!

2 comments:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

That dessert looks INCREDIBLE!

Camille said...

Was that Craigo's? Crazy how much Rexburg has changed, huh? I'm excited to hear about how the job interview went....