4/24/11

I checked out a Geiger counter...

 I took a training course for work, where we learned about radiological contamination, and how to detect it.  Yup, I asked to take home a retro Geigo counter and inspect my uber-retro apartment.  I was sure that the 1960's furniture contained trace amounts of dangerous alpha, beta, and even neutron, radiation.

I inspected my dishware (which has yellow flowers and brown lines where the cracks have been sitting on the shelf for decades) which I knew has traces of old fiesta-ware.  Unfortunately it did not.  I checked knobs, my couch, the cement, and even produce.  Hey!  You never know.

The most comical part of this scientific expedition was the 'timing.'  I didn't get home from work and classes until 11:30 at night, so my radiological madness (and joint one-handed picture taking) went on through the night.
No radiation here.
I thought my cilantro could have been from radiological parts of Brazil...
The couch was the culprit of highest consequence.  Yet, not above background levels.  I live radiation free!

1 comment:

Kara said...

yay! you are so healthy!