6/5/11

Bountiful Utah Temple: Anniversary

On a visit home to Utah, Mommers and I worshiped at the Bountiful, Utah Temple.  In memorium of one year since receiving my endowment, subsequent weekly temple worship, and now a call to work in the temple, below is and excerpt from lds.org, the official website of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It explains in small measure some of the work performed in the temple.

I personally witness that I have never been happier than when I am living the commandments of Heavenly Father, which consummate in the ability to recive a temple recommend necessary to enter and serve in the House of the Lord.  I commend to any and every person seeking for fulfilment in their lives to pursue a path which leads to such blessings as are bestowed in the temple.  It is the best choice I have ever made in my life.

Temples are places of learning. Their principal purpose is to provide ordinances necessary for the children of God to enable them to return to dwell with Him. Temple ordinances lead to the greatest blessings available through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Everything in the Church—the meetings and activities, the missionary efforts, the lessons taught and the hymns—all lead to the work done in holy temples.

One ordinance received in the temple is called the endowment. The word endowment means “gift,” and the temple endowment truly is a gift from God. The ordinance consists of a series of instructions and includes covenants to live righteously and follow the requirements of the gospel. The endowment focuses on the Savior, His role in Heavenly Father's plan, and the personal commitment of each member to follow Him.
Another temple ordinance is celestial marriage. In this ordinance husband and wife are sealed to one another for eternity. A sealing performed in the temple continues forever if the husband and wife are faithful to the covenants they make.

1 comment:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

I love the first picture of the temple. Great lighting, nice foreground, and good composure.