6/24/11

Ragnar: Wasatch Back!

I competed in the 2011 Wasatch Back Ragnar, a 36-hour relay race across the peaks of the Wasatch Mountain Range.  It runs from Logan to Park City, Utah, and totals 191 miles.  We started Friday morning at 7:15 am, and finished around 4 the next day.  The slogan is "Run, Eat, Sleep (?), Repeat."  It's pretty true to form; a van-full of sweaty bodies jumping in and out of the car to provide race support, run an extra leg, and beat the traffic in time for a slap-stick handoff, all while trying to doze in the bumpy back seat.  A blast.
 
I wasn't able to cross the finish line with my team, I had to head out after my last leg to make the baptism of my nephew, so this picture, and medal, is the entirety of my celebration.

1 comment:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

What courage and stamina you have to do this. You have to have the most endurance in the whole family.

When they make a 2 mile Ragnar, I'll run with you. You can take the first 1.5 miles, and I'll finish off the last 1/2 mile.

But no uphill. :)

Joe