 |
| 2011 Utah Half Ironman in Provo, UT |
For the third year, ....I DID IT!
I finished the 2011 Utah Half Ironman- a triathlon with distances of:
1.2 mile swim
56 mile bike
13.1 mile run
TOTAL = 70.3 miles
I must admit, however, that this year was definitely the hardest of any in which I've competed. With minimal training and an overabundance of confidence, I decided I could whip out 'just one more' unprepared and spectacular performance. Reality sunk in about mile 8 or 9, when I thought 'I'm going to die here today.' The weather was ranking at 96 degrees, my toes were blistered, and one day later I'm losing (graphic content following...) one of my toenails. But I pushed through, and am happy to wear the medallion.
 |
| (Re-enactment) Crossing the finish line |

 |
| Utah Half Ironman 2011 racing number: 404. |
 |
| Utah Half Ironman 2011 swim in Utah Lake. Muddy water with minimal visibility, and a SLIPPERY dock... I did fall. |
 |
| Utah Half Ironman Racing Bike: my new beauty, and much-saved for (3 years worth of pennies) bike. Her name is 'Moto'. |
After the race I headed home to visit the family, where S and M had come up to the house. I was delighted beyond words to catch up, and see how their darling kiddos have been growing.
 |
| Chelise and darling Hailey |
 |
| Princess of Happiness |
 |
| M: the most loving and dedicated mother, and her beautiful blue-eyed and red-haired little one! |
 |
| Working out in the yard: of course. It's a recurring Saturday activity. |
3 comments:
AMAZING! Sometimes we forget that you have to push, push, push to make it through these races. You're so talented and vigorous that it just seems to come to you naturally.
Great dedication and endurance Lise. Wish we could have been there to cheer you on.
Fun photos!
Joe & Kristin
That bike looks AWESOME!
You are a machine! Is this what you did the day before I bumped into you at church when I was in WX?? Why did you not brag to me?!?!
Post a Comment