9/1/11

Lightening Storm

Lightening strikes above the Kibbie Dome and University of Idaho.
While traveling this weekend, I was struck (get it!) with the beauty of a nearby lightening storm.  I pulled my car to the side of a roaring freeway, put on my hazard lights, ran 100m up a slope in the pouring rain, positioned my camera on an old fence post, and... waited. In the pouring rain.

I adjusted the length of time my shutter was open to about 5 seconds. I'd click to start, and hope lightening would strike.  If there were any flashes, I'd immediately close my shutter.  Although some of the pictures were a bit overexposed, I at least captured lightening.  I had about ten good minutes of storm, and these pics are the results.

1 comment:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Wow, cool! I've never gotten photos of lightning. Your patience paid off!

Joe