J and I visited a compendium of creches this weekend. It's probably the most astounding display of international worship of Christmas in my life. There were two- to three-hundred creche dispalys, each from a different country. Some were modern, others antique, but indelibly, all were indigenous their native country's art styles. J joked that I was taking so many pictures, but I wanted badly to share them. It was a blessed opportunity, and made me ponder on the international nature of God's love for his unique children.

 |
| Silver plated porcelain. |
 |
| Sri Lanka: Painted wood block nativity set. Most of the wood used is from rubber trees, which have been harvested for latex and then recycled. |
 |
| Peruvian Sandstone |
 |
| Brazil |

 |
| Zimbabwe |
 |
| Madagascar |
 |
| Mexico |
 |
| New Zealand |
 |
| Fiji |
 |
| Mother of Pearl-- presented by King Hussein of Jordan in 1965. |
 |
| Nambia: Carved on an ostrich egg |
 |
| China |
 |
| Israel |
 |
| Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27. |
 |
| Seraphim Nativity |
No comments:
Post a Comment