3/22/13

Exploratory Bike Ride:Crystal Cove and the Barefoot Running Adventure

 Yesterday I turned in my last final at noon, and promptly by 1:30 I was back home, hopping on my bike, and out riding the streets looking for a sunny, non-stressed-with-school afternoon workout adventure.  I headed down 10 miles to Crystal Cove, a beautiful state park with clean beaches.

Because it took much less time to bike than I'd anticipated, I had an hour to kill- so I took off my shoes, packed away my bike, and headed down the beach to run as absolutely far as I could.  About thirty minutes into my run I realized why nobody runs on the beach barefoot...

I guess everyone who's ever been near a beach knows, and I probably should have thought- but the friction from the sand while running wore the bottoms of my feet into a bed of blood blisters.  The worst part was turning around, and running 30 minutes back to my bike on my poor crying feet.  (Good thing I didn't get in the water- shark danger with blood!)

I can barely walk today, but if I had a choice, I'd probably do it again.  Nothing beats freedom from stress with three hours and some sunlight!



1 comment:

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

That sounds like deluxe freedom! How fun! No time constraints and fresh air! Way to go Leesy!