7/31/08

BYU Summer Ballroom Team: Dancing Lady Bugs




Here we are!... The dancing lady bugs! Our performance was a combination of quickstep and lindy hop.

This was the first time our team director had choreographed a full-fledged routine, so although it isn't as exciting as some performances, we still had mucho fun.



The most difficult part for me is known as the 'sausage roll,' where the girl jumps between the man's legs, does a little twist and is pulled back to a standing position. My partner and I had to practice quite a few times to get it down, but in the end we did pretty well. It was difficult because I have road rash on my hips and stomach from a recent bicycling accident, and would bleed after every practice!... ouch!


Our video was chopped about half way through the routine, so I apologize to all you eager viewers!

No comments: