
For example- I just visited with a longtime friend who now has prescription glasses with anti-fluorescent lenses. His eyes have adapted a phobia to computer screens and fluorescent light. They are his normal, everyday glasses, not his 'work' or 'study' glasses. We live our lives in constant contact with fluorescent effervescence.

I'm sitting in my office with a huge pink blanket wrapped around me- aka- I'm freezing! Don't worry, I've not developed a cold or even the flu, I'm simply at the mercy of air conditioning. You know- that temperature-adjusting machine that used to scare you with it's insidious start-and-stop cycles in the middle of the night.

I've decided it's okay that I spend ten hours of my life in an auto-controlled atmosphere. To 'get away from it all' I'll just jump into my car, turn up the heater, and go watch a movie about the beauty of nature, and the marvels of the planet earth.
On second thought, I'd like to show everyone I have encountered THE outside world: sun, stars, sky, and wind. I'll just jump into a tanning bed and get the process done quickly :). Maybe I'll get a good run in on the treadmill. That will do the job!
No comments:
Post a Comment