1/7/09

Sacrament Talk This Sunday

I've been asked to speak about D&C 1:19-24. Any thoughts?
19 The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—
20 But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;
21 That faith also might increase in the earth;
22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;
23 That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.
24 Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding.

2 comments:

Jillums said...

Wow. You have to talk about this? Good luck.

I think it speaks mostly to us, the members of the Church: It is through us, by our example and testimonies, that the Gospel is going to continue and the work of the Lord is going to move forth. We might be weak, but with the Power of God we will be able to do the Lord's work.

I hope that helps! :)

Savanna said...

This article addresses those verses in the last section:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=e186d4c196f5e110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=true