2/18/09

What I'm Learning

The irrefutable spirit of strengthful valor
doesn't live today and bend tomorrow,
nor claim victory and bend in sorrow.
The irrefutable spirit is always a spirit of power.

He carries the tasks of God on shoulders steeled
from grunting work in the Lord's threshing mill.
Undeniably true, he relies on faith when love's through.
He gives his heart when his mind won't do.

And Lord, looking down on the struggling might
of a precious giver for all that is right,
retains compassion for a sacred moment, bestowing
instead the strength unknown but to those who are growing.

I refuse to yield, as a broken heart, to willowed
things of faded yellow plights- Give tears pillowed
to days of the past, giving up the pride which
has sickly bound me fast.  

I'll shrug not my eternity for inconsequence,
but endeavor for God: benefactor of truth
and long-lived endurance; he knows the forevers
of life and living and giving and giving. 

DSC_0131.JPG

No comments: