I've scoured Provo and Orem, and have found the best places to find homemade horchata. Call me and I'll take you there!
On one of my indulgence trips on an early Saturday morning I met with a delightful surprise.

After ordering my horchata and a few minutes enjoying the drink at a small booth next to the window, I was surprised when the mamacita (little mama) from the back of the kitchen traversed the restaurant floor to my booth. She slipped a tiny plastic plate with corn tortillas and some chicken onto my table and walked away without a word.
I had made an effort to talk with her a little in spanish, and I guess she remembered me from my first visit. I was touched at her quite grace and giving. Some day, I'll forego social restrictions or even monetary needs to serve others. Even in quiet ways or with language barriers. I love people.
2 comments:
I too LOVE LOVE LOVE horchata!!!
Well we have had a glass or two together at the Cocolito's in Orem (free refills) maybe some day soon eh?
Post a Comment