1/24/10

26 Years of Sunshine


I had my 26th birthday this week... I was greeted with the "dusty old uterus" joke from Get Smart. Nonetheless, I was determined to make it a wonderful day! After a long morning, and work, I returned home late at night to a most beautiful scene.

My room had been decorated with a hundred pink rose petals, pink balloons, and a beautiful birthday package. I was walking into my rose-colored (literally) winter wonderland. It was especially endearing because I've recently been searching desperately for beauty. It was one of those customized displays of love, given at the perfect time in the perfect way. I was sincerely overjoyed.




Mom gave me several books I've been wanting: on preparation to enter the LDS temple and a book elucidating specials aspects of Jesus' parables.

3 comments:

Kristin Van De Graaff said...

Hooray! Happy birthday Lise! We love you.

Joe & Kristin

Jillums said...

Happy Birthday Chelise! I hope it is an amazing year for you!

Mindy said...

Yeah Happy Birthday!! You look absolutely gorgeous by the way!! I love you so much! I am one blessed girl to have you as a sis.