
My weekend hiatus took me down to the land of cactus and gambling, where a remarkable woman has created a colorful enterprise (entirely cheesy, I know). She is the entrepreneur of Enchanted Desert Quilter, a company proficient in the use of Gammill longarm quilting machines.
I spent the night in her home, surrounded by towering stacks of multi-colored quilts, the composition of which would rival Joseph's technicolor dream coat. At night I absentmindedly sprayed some perfume and pretended I was in a flower jungle.


She walked me through the steps of quilting, which is entirely different from patching. Patching is choosing a color scheme and sewing together different blocks. This is different from actual quilting, which is the stitching together of patchwork, to stabilize and bind it. Don't make the mistake of inadvertently switching these two- especially when talking with a quilter :).








1 comment:
Great pics, particularly the close up of the sewing machine
Post a Comment