3/23/10

Grandma VDG: A Slight Look


While staying with my Grandma Van De Graaff, I would rise early in the morning, and creep out to the backyard. There were new but comforting sights all around. As she prepares for her move, I doubt we'll see some of these beautiful things make the trip. As part of the past lives of toil and courage, I wanted to document them. The physicality used to wield some of these old tools is part of the icon of my grandfather, my father, and in some respects, me.

As the need of the land arises, there is a consistency in dealing with its overwhelming vastness. So it is in life; tribulations rear their head in the size of mountains, and we consume the journey of "dealing" by consistent personal application. When crested atop the summit of another trial, we assuage the fear of our own weakness as we view our climb. Strong, courageous, and consistent.















3 comments:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Very neat. We'll all be looking back at these someday, thanking you for documenting them.

Chelise said...

Thanks Joe! I love how you're always commenting! I'm just hoping to make my blog as great as yours (I love being cheesy, hehe)

stevevdg said...

Very nice collage here Sally.