4/8/10

Mommers Goes Skiing!

Mom braved the cold (and her age) to conquer the mountain-tips of Brighton Ski Resort. We rented the gear (those boots were tight as could be!), bought our lift tickets, and took the white wonder-van up the canyon.
I loved the beautiful scenery so much I asked Mom to stop on the hill, at the peril of not gaining enough momentum to start again. Alas, anything is worth beauty!





Mom and I began on the bunny slopes. We practiced the snow-plow, right and left turning, and the daredevil parallel. After only three runs on the easy slopes, I thought it time to take Mommers to the next level. We popped on the lift and enjoyed the ride until....


...we found out we ascended the lift that went to the tip-top of the mountain! Mommers took it like a champ, and put to use all her mad skills. I dare say she was better than me! We made it down the mountain, and Mom was ready to go AGAIN.

Buzzer joined us for the last run, where our faces turned blue from frostbite acquired on the lift. We were in a blizzard, which merits freezing.