This letter is to present my three-fold motivation in attending the 2011 Modeling, Experimentation, and Validation Summer School, and request award consideration for a full tuition scholarship. I wish to attend in order to expand my professional adroitness, hone my modeling and validation theoretical foundation, and develop a communication network among the global nuclear workforce.
By way of introduction, I am a nuclear safety analysis engineer at ... and am concurrently pursuing a MS degree in Chemical Engineering from... A large portion of my completed ... graduate coursework aligns closely with the 2011 MeV Summer School curriculum subject content, including consideration of transport theory, safety, data evaluation (both linear and nonlinear statistics, experimental development), modeling, and simulation. Additionally, I have submitted an ... laboratory directed research and development (LDRD) proposal, the scope of which includes modeling work. This unique combination of academic excellence and applied experience qualifies me to learn from and contribute to the School in a multiplicity of ways.
Professional Adroitness
I believe that a broad view of the growth and challenges facing the nuclear renaissance is vital to conduct functional, operationally-based research. Attendance at this school will provide immersion into the varied facets of reactor physics computations, validation, and integration. Combined with my personal research-driven goals, this knowledge will provide the generating springboard for a productive nuclear career. I anticipate exposure to numerous practical examples, and intend to expand those examples into supportive research that will benefit both the ... and the ... nuclear initiatives. I commit to returning back to work and disseminating as much of my new knowledge as possible.
Theoretical Foundation
My strongest motivation for attendance is to bolster my adeptness and mastery of reactor physics computations, validation, and integration in multiphysics codes. I have exposure to molecular and process physics via my chemical engineering background, and hope to bridge this critical educational and computational gap with concerted focus and participation during the School. I commit to consistent concentration and teamwork throughout the entirety of the course. Additionally, I desire to learn specific techniques that will enhance the rigor of modeling and validation used for my ... MS thesis and potential ... LDRD-based research.
Global Nuclear Workforce Network
As a young nuclear professional, I recognize the strong opportunity this School presents to network with top university and laboratory experts. I have reviewed the 2010 lectures, and even contacted several to learn about their nuclear specialties and research. I have interfaced with a past school participant to discuss his School experiences. This was done to gain an introductory awareness of the research, rigor, and opportunities the School presents, and prepare to properly take advantage of them. I commit to networking with as many professionals as possible while at the School to build a base of expertise from which I may perpetually draw throughout my entire career.
Full Tuition Scholarship
I wish to apply for consideration of a full tuition scholarship. There is an immediacy of need for this scholarship to facilitate my participation, without which I may need to withdraw my candidacy. In addition to my strong desire to participate in the school, I intend to reinforce reasons why I should be considered for a scholarship:
· I commit to returning back to work after attendance at the School and disseminate as much of my new knowledge as possible;
· I commit to consistent concentration and teamwork throughout the entirety of the School; and
· I commit to networking with as many professionals as possible while at the School, to build a base of expertise from which I may perpetually draw throughout my entire career.
In conclusion, I am motivated to attend the 2011 Modeling, Experimentation, and Validation Summer School for three reasons: to expand my professional adroitness, hone my modeling and validation theoretical foundation, and develop a communication network among the global nuclear workforce. I am interested in applying for a full tuition scholarship, and make specific commitments to enhance my learning and utilization of the School.
I look forward to receiving an acceptance notification. ...
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment