5/16/11

One Way to be Happy

I stood back and looked at my life today, and thought of the people and the experiences which have cumlutaively lead me to my current state.  Wow.  Not only did my memory cramp up, but the corners of my mouth had a little twitch in the upward directions.  Despite the current general struggles, and the customized challenges, I feel as if to echo the writing of Nephi in 2 Nephi 5:27,
"...and we lived after the manner of happiness."
There have been periods of intense anguish from which I never envisioned a release.  There have been those banes, like Paul pleading for a removal of a thorn from his flesh, from which I've begged delivery.  In the sum total of these desperate times, the conscious choice to accept and follow my Saviour has afforded me my current happiness, and indeed, I do live after the manner of happiness.

I am happy.  This is the happiest time of my life.

The concept presented in the following quote has been a method which is not only interesting, but has been pivotal in the development of a cheerful attidude and happy disposition in my life.

"Consider how much more often you suffer from your anger and grief than from those very things for which you are angry and grieved." ~Marcus Antonius
If we learn to channel our emotions, view the iniators of our feeling, and take just some little time to rationally and faithfully observe the impact of ourselves on ourselves, I believe we will be able to release anger, grief, offense, fear, and a rainbow of other self-detrimental emotions and their pursuant psychological responses with greater ease.  Indeed, this action could enhance the effect of our repentance, and our forgiveness of others.  Just some food for thought.  Like a bird with a french fry.

No comments: