11/25/11

Bountiful Thanksgiving 10k: 5th Place


To celebrate Thanksgiving, I ran a 10k- along with 1,000 other early-turkey-birds.  I finished in 51:46, signaling just over an 8 minute mile.  I've included some before-after pictures-smiling and jumping.  Because, goodness!  You have to just across the finish line.

5th place in my age group


All racers took off from the finish line at the same time- both 5k and 10k.  It generally isn't too big of a deal, but this race I was lapping the slower 5k participants.  This isn't a big deal either, until I'm trying to pass people who stand abreast of the entire sidewalk, and I can't quite squeeze by.  This also isn't that bad, unless you shout

"coming on your left!"

several times while approaching, but to no avail.  Then, as you pass, they step to their left, directly into your path, and you almost trip all over yourself trying not to hit them.  The picture below is almost-caught-the-collision-on-film.  Too bad I'm the only one who looks like I'm going to fall.

1 comment:

Spratt said...

Ha ha! That picture of you passing the 5k people is the best! Good job on the race! It was really cool seeing you at the starting line. :)