11/6/11

Family Home Evening Ideas

  
I help serve of group of young adults in the local community by planning activities every Monday evening, our 'family home evening'.  We have done a slew of different projects, some of which include:
  • Lazer Tag
  • Corn Maze
  • Pumpkin Carving
  • Service Projects (painting parking lots, cleaning up trash from public lands)
  • Scripture Charades
  • Minute to Win-It
  • Indoor Dodgeball
  • Human Fusbol
  • Bowling
  • Art Night (finger painting with pudding and sculpting edible playdough)
  • Scriptural Apples-to-Apples (with homemade apple pie!)
  • Giant HumanTwister
  • Friend Appreciation Evening (highlight participant's talents)
  • Talent Show
  • Potluck Dinner
  • Broom Hockey
  • Tie-Dye
  • Outdoor Movie Night with projector
  • Barbeque and Kickball
  • Tinfoil Dinners
It's been a busy nine months since I've been filling this position, but I'm grateful for the friendships I've developed.  I feel that we can always learn from one another, no matter how intimate or casual our relationships.
 

1 comment: