2/11/12

Birthday Celebration

I received an unanticipated phone call the evening before my birthday.  It was Mommers, who was on the road, traveling up to the winterland of Idaho for my birthday!  We stayed up talking until the wee hours of the morning, for two days strait. With met up with my Aunt Cathy, and went shopping for a birthdayoutfit (shown below).

In memorium of years past, she decorated my room with beautiful pink things, and strew flower petals across the carpeted floor.The thoughtfulness of this action still brings tears to my eyes.  My favorite is the now token phrase,
"28 years of Sunshine."
The tradition of flower petals and sunshine came about after I moved home after school, and was seeking beautiful things.  After a long day at work an hour away, I arrived home late.  The family was asleep, and I crept up the stairs to my bedroom, where upon opening the door,  a glorious view filled my heart.  To this day I remember the comfort and great feeling of love with which I was overwhelmed at that moment.  It is engrained in my mind as a consummate act of thoughfulness.

Thanks Mommers!  I loved it!



Unbeknownest to me, Justin had birthday surprises of his own.  He had stayed up late in the evening (quite a rarity for my man!) until after I'd gone to bed.  He snuck into the garage with the aid of my kindly roommate, and left a decorated party for me!  I walked out to my car to find flowers, chocolates, ballons, and a thoughtful card.  Later in the evening, he took me to Red Lobster for my first attempt at a Losbster tail (I got my very own!).  His words, "Whatever you want, whatever you want."  I've got such a great man!



For the third stage of birthday celebrations, we threw a bowling party with some local friends.  Apparently I am the worst bowler that anyone has ever known.  But, alas, what can you expect with  under the leg granny shots and distracted left-handed attempts?

2 comments:

Spratt said...

That looks like a great day! Happy birthday!
:)

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

You are so pretty seester!!