2/6/12

My Valentine's Day Idea

Several years ago on the days preceding Valentine's, I had quite an epiphany.  I gammed with a co-worker, about 55 years of age, who had raised 8 children and then suffered a divorce.  I realized that being 'single' wasn't an anomaly pertinent only to the youth. Being 'single' is a condition, not a character, and that's it.  That year, I went and bought roses, and took them around to the single women that I knew- both old and young.

I've kept that tradition every year since that time.  Now, I'm expanding my tradition, and inviting others to join me.  We're visiting a rest home, and passing out flowers, and hopefully... some love.  (Cheesy, but I'm serious!).

3 comments:

Austin said...

What a great idea! Maybe yellow roses.

Mindy said...

oh that is really thoughtful... hmmm we should bring some roses to Grandma O for vday. I know she misses her dear dearly. Great idea

Chelise said...

@ Austin: Great idea. Yellow is much more appropriate!

@ Min: Let me know how Grandma is doing.