You will find below my response to the following question,
1. As we consider your application, what would you like for us to remember about you?
It seems that communication is most productive when ideas are shared on the platform of common ground. To this end, I leave a ‘last impression’ for the Nuclear and Radiological Engineering graduate committee in the form of a mathematical equation.
I will make use of a fraction, where the numerator is designated as my EXPERIENCE, and the denominator is IMPEDING FACTORS. When divided, the fraction equals my SUCCESS RATE as a Ph.D. candidate.
In basic form, the fraction may be viewed as:
EXPERIENCE / (IMPEDING FACTORS) = SUCCESS RATE.
Three positive exponents are associated with my EXPERIENCE, namely variables A, B, and C. Exponent A is DESIRE, exponent B is PROFESSIONAL/RESEARCH EXPERIENCE, and exponent C is EDUCATIONAL GOALS. The cumulative effect of each of these positive exponents is to drastically raise the value of my EXPERIENCE.
One positive exponent, D, is associated with the denominator: FUNDING. Although the reducing effect of the exponent FUNDING may be substantial on the overall SUCCESS RATE, it is negated by the large value of EXPERIENCE.
EXPERIENCE ^ (A*B*C) / (IMPEDING FACTORS ^ D) = SUCCESS RATE.
EXPERIENCE ^ (A*B*C) / (IMPEDING FACTORS ^ D) = SUCCESS RATE.
I believe I have a high SUCCESS RATE, and I have proven it.
5 comments:
Holy Cow, Chelise!! Applying for grad school??? You are seriously one of the smartest and talented people I know!! Good luck!!
Good luck! You'll be in our prayers.
That it's absolutely brilliant! Nerdy, yes. But honest, short, clear....I love it!
Thanks! I'm hoping it'll be catchy and bludgeoningly obvious that I want to get into school!
You forgot "quod erat demonstrandum!" Very creative though.
Post a Comment