4/26/12

PhD Program: University of California, Irvine


After much deliberation, I've decided on a graduate school!...

I'll be attending the University of California, Irvine and pursuing a 
doctoral degree in   
Chemical Engineering beginning this Fall 2012.  Here's to a new adventure!

If you have any advice on the school, surrounding area, or education in general, I'd love to hear it!  

Reminiscing on my previous visit to UCI.

"Prove me now herewith saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it."  --3 Nephi 24:10

5 comments:

Jillums said...

Congratulations Chelise!! What a fun and crazy adventure. Good luck!

Kim said...

As the coordinator for a PhD program here at the U my advice is - do what your coordinator asks of you!!! :)

We're just here to help but simple things as signing a piece of paper so I can pay their insurance and tuition for them is apparently too much to ask. Don't make them ask you 8 times.

Enjoy the experience, this sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Justin said...

Chelise!!! Congratulations. Wow, going to school in paradise. Weather in 60's-70's year round, mountains, beaches, crazy hippies...My uncle lives in nearby Laguna Niguel. Which of the 5 areas of UCI ChemE research are you going to study? I'll be starting dental school at Houston in August, not exactly paradise, but I hear the library is climate-controlled. :-) Three cheers for Chelise!

Justin

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

Yay for Leesy! I want to come visit you and go for a run on the beach with you!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I think you'll like California :). You'll be nice and close to Disneyland too!

Good luck on your new adventure and say hi for me.

Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good....
D&C 90:24